Although it is a ways off yet, one of our goals is an early retirement.
Are We Saving Enough?
A recent poll by BMO showed that the majority of Canadians expect to need to work part-time after they officially retire. This is definitely not a situation we want to be in. Sure, it would be nice to have the option to work part-time, but we definitely don’t want to be pushed back into the workforce due to our financial situation.
With that in mind – here is some weekend retirement-related reading
- Canadian Couch Potato explains how to calculate your personal rate of return.
- Blunt Bean Counter discusses how much is needed for retirement.
- Canadian Finance Blog gives an explanation on the guaranteed income supplement (GIS).
- Retire Happy blogs about investing for retirement income.
- Million Dollar Journey explains early retirement with defined benefit pensions.
- Boomer & Echo talks about retirement polls and the ever-busy RRSP season.
- My Own Advisor questions when is the best time to cash out your RRSP.
Related: Hidden Advantages of the TFSA